January 2012 near Portland
Our previous travels have taught us wonderful things about the world, but end dates are so limiting! So in April 2013 we left our jobs and our beautiful city to travel for a year. (Or so we thought.) Find out why here.
- April - August 2013: Canadian national/provincial parks road trip
- September - October 2013: Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania
- November - December 2013: Turkey
- January 2014: Spain, Portugal
- February 2014: Morocco
- March - April 2014: Vietnam
- May 2014: Lao
- June - July 2014: Thailand
- August 2014 - Cambodia
- September 2014 - Nepal
- October - December 2014 - Australia
- January - March 2015: Hawaii, USA
- April 2015: Maryland, USA
- May - June 2015: US national parks road trip
- July - November 2015: Portland/Corvallis, Oregon, USA
- December 2015 - January 2016: Alberta/British Columbia, Canada
- February 2016: Orcas Island, Washington, USA
- March 2016: ???
January 2014 in Portland's doppleganger - Porto, Portugal
Along the way we've WWOOFed, Help Exchanged, and WorkAway'd in exchange for educational opportunities (and basic food and lodging). We've learned so much and made great friends from these experiences! We've also done some housesitting in exchange for free lodging.
June 2014 in northern rural Thailand
In addition to this blog, we also post regularly on our Facebook page and to Flickr. Please feel free to contact us at haplessgnomad @ gmail too!
We hope our stories inspire you to take your own journey someday...
January 2015 in South Point, Hawaii